Sunday, April 28, 2013

Isaiah 41:10 Healing Scripture


Photo by:  PeterDargatz

Isaiah 41:10
 

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

My thoughts: No matter what comes against you or me, God tells us not to fear or be dismayed. I know fear is a very strong emotion.  You can feel it flood into your being when bad news is delivered from a doctor, friend or your boss. Perhaps you have had your life threatened. 

Be not dismayed. Another strong emotion that seems to come along more often, especially as you grow older. Perhaps you have lost your job, and you don't know where your next dollar is going to come from or how you will survive. Maybe you can't make your car payment or house payment. This can be especially troubling if you have a family to support.  Or maybe it's circumstances that seem threatening and have you feeling bad. God gives those two words, fear not.  

Why shouldn't we allow fear or dismay come into our lives? Because it robs us of our health, happiness and peace.  God promises us several things in that one verse. He said that He is God. He will strengthen us so we can get through the trials. He will help us, and He will uphold us with his right hand of righteousness.  So, the next time the devil throws junk your way, and you feel those emotions beginning to erupt in your body. Remember God's promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment